The FLYING MANTIS will debut at the RYA Dinghy Show, Alexandra Palace, London, on 4th and 5th March 2017, stand C86.
The FLYING MANTIS is a lightweight carbon easy foiling trimaran for the solo sailor. It is designed to deliver windsurfer flexibility and be transported and sailed almost anywhere.
The FLYING MANTIS is two beautifully designed performance boats in one. It can be switched between a semi-foiling displacement trimaran and a full-foiling version depending on a sailor’s skill and sailing conditions.
- Main hull – length 4.2m (LWL), beam 0.5m
- Outrigger – length 2.5m, beam 0.14m
- Overall beam 2.4m
- Combined hull weight c.45kg
- Lifting T foil rudder
- Semi-foiling version – central dagger board
- Foiling version – dagger board plus interchangeable lifting central T foil adjusted by wand
- control from a bowsprit
- Sails – Main 9 sqm, Jib 2.3 sqm
- Easy sailing
The Flying Mantis boasts a lightweight carbon epoxy foam sandwich construction. The hulls are quick and simple to assemble. The central hull weighs around 20kg plus outriggers at 12.5kg. Fully assembled, this lightweight trimaran is especially suited to taller & heavier sailors, with a weight range of up to 120kgs.
www.FlyingMantis.UK ….to be unveiled just prior to the RYA Dinghy Show